Logo

Stonehill BarnStonehill Barn is a Cotswold style barn and was originally built around 1800 as a hay barn. It is made from pennant stone rubble walls with a pantile roof. Until 1991 it stood about 2km to the north-west at Stonehill Farm, on the route of the planned Avon Ring Road. It was a listed building, so rather than demolish it, it was decided to move it to its present site and rebuild it. This took nearly 12 months and was completed in 1992; with the rebuilt barn retaining much of its original character. The process of taking down the barn and rebuilding it can be seen in the photographs below, courtesy of Kingswood Museum.

Still used as a hay barn, it is also used for a number of community events including the Wassail in January, sheep shearing in late spring, as an entertainment area for the Fun Day in September and, appropriately, as a focal point for the Carol Service just before Christmas.


Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn Stonehill Barn
Stonehill Barn
©2013 The Friends of Grimsbury Farm